Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[resolved] bbPress2.0 + Jigoshop

• Pulled my hair out a few hours on this one … not sure why I didn’t dig into the plugins initially and look for this, but must have been sleep deprived as usual ;)

It seems bbPress 2.0 and Jigashop use the exact same menu positions … so when I installed bbPress (jigashop already installed) … I could not for the life of me figure out how to create forums… after searching around i saw that there was indeed supposed to be a Forums custom post type menu, but in my installation I could not find it.

So, yeah if anyone else needs to install these 2 plugins then just find menu_position where the custom post types are setup and change them to be unique numbers.

Hopefully this will be helpful to the next person that encounters this.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This was a concern with using custom post types. There isn’t a guaranteed way to position top level admin menus. This is th first conflict I’ve heard of.

Sorry, not sure if someone can edit the title and my post, but it is Jigoshop, not Jigashop … always type that wrong, hehe. May help later for someone searching.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Fixed.

monkfish13
    Participant

@monkfish13

I have this problem, but for the life of me can’t find anything to do with the term menu_position or custom post types to fix the conflict ?

Where do you look and what do you need to change ?

It’s it an amendment to the code ? or is it a field the database ?

Help would be much appriciated.

With thanks

Webbo

monkfish13
    Participant

@monkfish13

So I finally found this after a lot of searching the WP codex and comparing the code between the two plugins.

The setting to change is in jigopress-admin.php and your looking around line 40 for the position marker.

I changed mine to 90 so it sits at the bottom of the admin menu – and doesn’t conflict with other top-level menus items

I couldn’t however find a way to move the “products” and “orders” menu items down to sit with the jigoshop menu.

Everything now works and is present in the menus – albeit not if a very good order.

The advice above is informative – but not vary helpful if you actually want to fix the issue.

If anyone can shed more light on this issue, it would be appriciated.

With thanks

Webbo

Like you said… first change

plugins/jigoshop/admin/jigoshop-admin.php – around line 40 – the add_menu_page for the main menu – last parameter controls menu position (default is 57 i believe) – for mine i changed to 100

the “products” and “orders” menu positions are set in …

plugins/jigoshop/jigoshop_taxonomy.php – search for menu_position and change to 101 and 102

this will structure the menu to be more logical and group all of the Jigoshop menus together at the bottom

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar