Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Request post2blog feature

• elitetester
    Participant

@elitetester

If a user makes a nice forum post I would like to be able to choose to post this single topic into a WP post/blog of categoryX. If I see another nice forum post then I would like to be able to choose to post this single topic to the same, or perhaps a different WP post/blog under categoryY. All video/images etc should be presented in WordPress as it would appear in the forum.

I’d like to see the topic content appearing as an article rather than a forum topic: No reply window shown even if logged in, instead show ‘number-of-replies’. No avatar, just a short comment ‘posted-by-xxx’. The topic title and ‘number-of-replies’ links the user to the respective forum topic in the main forum view.

————-
    I was thinking this might be possible using shortcodes. e.g. create a new shortcode based on ‘bbp-single-topic’ (perhaps called ‘bbp-single-topic-post2blog’). Then add a drop-down-list beside each forum topic only visible for admins. The drop-down-list includes all WP posts/blogs. After selecting a WP post from the drop-down-list the shortcode and respective topic-ID gets added to the bottom of the WP post content.

What do you think? I have quite a clear picture on how this should work.
    If this is possible I would be happy to test it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar