Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Request: Post Edit Times

• bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

What really sort of bothered me was the inability to edit your posts after a certain amount of time, and that’s good for some instances, but I think if there was an admin-settable time for how long until you couldn’t edit your posts, or the ability to turn the option off and always be able to edit your posts, that would be really cool.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • There is :)

In your config.php

// A user can edit a post for this many minutes after submitting.

$bb->edit_lock = 60;

Simply change that value.

bbolman
    Participant

@bbolman

woah….I totally missed that.

There’s no way to completely disable it and allow always post editing is there?

I’m not sure, but then again I don’t want my users to go back and keep editing posts. I’m kind of control-freaky like that. :)

Perhaps there’s something that can be added to the code to allow that, or a plugin to do this?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I also agree that posts should be locked after a while to prevent editing. I hate rereading a post I thought I already read, and finding new information there because they edited it after I read it the first time. Maybe the post_time could be updated when it’s edited? Then it would keep bumping to the top?

I don’t know how to make a plugin yet, but here is what you would change in the core bb-includes/capabilities.php, comment out lines 348 and 349. That seems to do it for me.

if ( $curr_time - $post_time > bb_get_option( 'edit_lock' ) * 60 )

$caps[] = 'ignore_edit_lock';

In the upcoming bbPress 0.80, you’ll be able to set $bb->edit_lock = -1 to achieve this.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar