Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Replys move to SPAM while they get edited

• maxx203
    Participant

@maxx203

I found that a already published replies are getting moved to Spam while the user did edit his reply.
    Is there anything i could check or fix? As security plugins iam currently usign Akismet and Wordfence.

From the changenotes of Update 2.6.6 iam able to see, that there is of course a chage with Akismet.

Maybe you could provide me with a way how i could see the reason for this?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

maxx203
    Participant

@maxx203

Hi,

there is no problem with the site. I would like to understand how i could see the reason why posts are moved to pending or spam queue.

Robin W

@robin-w

OK, so tested in my test site

User with subscriber and participant access creates a reply

the goes in and edits reply

reply is still seen

maxx203
    Participant

@maxx203

Hi Robin,

i also was not able to see this 1-2 times by my own. However i also have seen this will users edit theire posts and aksing for where the posts are.

Is there any way to see the decision of which plugin (bbpress or akismet) was made to move the comment to spam or pending?

This would make it more easy to find what did the false positive decision.

Robin W

@robin-w

the moderation is in
    dashboard>settings>discussion

usually it is the number of links

maxx203
    Participant

@maxx203

There are no links inside such posts. There are only Words. This one for example was moved into spam, after it was published:

Battlefield 6: EA plant Neustart und lässt sich von Call of Duty Modern Warfare inspirieren

Robin W

@robin-w

unless you can come up with a series of steps to replicate, sorry it is hard to help

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar