Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Reply to thread hanging on new page

• unihead
    Participant

@unihead

I’ve discovered another strange bit of behaviour on my bbPress forums that is annoying me. When a page gets up to the maximum number of posts on a page, the Reply field goes over to a brand new page by itself. This is just silly user interface design, as anyone going to the ‘last’ page of a thread just gets the Reply field and not the last post of the thread. To make maters worse, there’s no easy way to get back to that post short of going back to the whole topic, then clicking through to the second-last page of the thread. It’s ridiculous.

here’s an example of what I’m talking about: http://www.orderofgamers.com/forums/topic/a-star-wars-descent/page/3/

So. is there anyway to fix this clunky functionality? Many thanks for any help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• unihead
    Participant

@unihead

Anyone? Hello?

Robin W

@robin-w

yep, agree that looks silly.

I’d suggest you start with loop-replies

unihead
    Participant

@unihead

Sorry, completely confused by that reply! 🙂 I’m not a programmer. Is this standard bbpress behaviour? It seems weird if it is.

Robin W

@robin-w

I don’t specifically know if that is default bbpress behaviour, suggest you try

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

If none of those show a change, then it is probably default behaviour.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar