Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Reply jumps when clicked

• joswrigh1
    Participant

@joswrigh1

I’m having an issue where i’ve got nested replies enables with limit of 2 and when you click ‘reply’ on a reply, it shows the textarea box for a second then jumps back to the bottom of the page back to the global reply?

Can anyone help me here or had this experience before?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Please try updating to 2.6.3 and report back if this issue is resolved.

If not, please include a link to your forums so someone can see exactly what you’re seeing.

Thanks!

joswrigh1
    Participant

@joswrigh1

I’ve figgered it out after looking at the code thanks!

Problem was, I had a plugin called hide admin bar.

And in the ‘reply.min.js’ file, the code needs the ID of ‘wpadminbar’ to jump to the top.

This was missing therefore giving a ScrollHeight error in the console.

To fix this is added an if else statement, if id ‘wpadminbar’ is not available, user id of ‘header’.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

With or without the adminbar, this should still work.

This was reported earlier and fixed in bbPress 2.6.3.

OutoftheHat
    Participant

@outofthehat

Hi,
    I seem to be experiencing this behaviour in 2.6.4. Not sure where to go from here…? I have a test site set up with only bbpress 2.6.4, theme Twenty Twenty v1.1, and an example forum exhibiting the problem, protected behind SeedProd’s Coming Soon plugin (though still get the problem if this is deactivated too). A number of other plugins from the live site are installed but deactivated. I would be delighted if an expert could take a look, and can provide login plus info on where to see the problem… First time you reply to the test reply, it bounces to the bottom; second time, it works… Odd.
    Thanks for your time.
    Neil

OutoftheHat
    Participant

@outofthehat

@johnjamesjacoby Are you able to take a look for me please…? Or point me in someone’s direction?
    Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar