Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Replies to my posts are not being received via email

• tidaltroll
    Participant

@tidaltroll

This is a feature of this site, yes? I have posted a new topic and replied to it, yet have not received any notifications via email. Is there something that I’m missing here?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• tidaltroll
    Participant

@tidaltroll

blah
    test reply
    blah

Robin W

@robin-w

presume you are ticking the box on the form?

tidaltroll
    Participant

@tidaltroll

Hi Robin,

I did get your response emailed to me, thank you. Question though. Can bbPress be configured so that one can then reply to that received email and add then that reply would be added to the thread and also re-emailed out to the subscribers (without needing to log back in to the forum site)?

Robin W

@robin-w

you will need to do some testing to understand how subscriptions work, but in essence if you subscribe to a forum or thread, then you receive updates to that thread that do indeed contain the content.

miraclecenter
    Participant

@miraclecenter

Thank you. So could a member elect to receive notifications of all updates to threads in the forum?

Robin W

@robin-w

yes users can subscribe to both topics and forums in bbpress

miraclecenter
    Participant

@miraclecenter

Thanks!

tidaltroll
    Participant

@tidaltroll

Robin, thank you for your feedback. I can see in this configuration that I have to click on the link included in the email in order to respond to the thread. Is it possible for it to be configured so that I could simply reply to the received email and the thread would be updated that way (and other subscribers also receive my reply in a second email)? (this was how yahoo groups worked and we really liked that)

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry – nothing I know that does that

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar