Categories
Search
Bottom

Replies suddenly hidden

• unihead
    Participant

@unihead

Hi

I’ve recently added a bbpress forum to my site, and everything was ticking along well. Then suddenly, in a couple of threads, replies are being hidden for no reason at all. Here’s a sample thread:

Giving up during my first painting job.

This thread has two more replies (one from a subscriber, and a test one from me) that won’t show up. They are definitely public replies.

I’ve tested on other threads and they’re fine – except for one other instance.

I cannot for the life of me work out why this is happening. Any ideas?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• unihead
    Participant

@unihead

Thanks very much! I don’t have any resources to get this problem solved, so I’d really appreciate the help.

I didn’t add any new plugins or change anything so I can’t imagine what’s causing this.

unihead
    Participant

@unihead

This has become a serious issue – I’ve had another thread start not showing replies. It seems to get up to a variable number of replies and then suddenly they’re not showing up anymore despite the fact they exist in admin.

Is there any way I can get help from anyone about this? It’s completely stuffing up my forums!

I’m experiencing the same or a very similar problem. After backing up, try disabling plugins. Did not help seem to help me but it’s a good place to start.

Second, run repair via wp > tools > forums > Repair Forums. First, remapped the users. I was seeing 0 Voices in the counts of larger reply threads. Then I ran all the Recalculate options plus repair buddypress group on accident, which seems to have changed the 0 voices bit to 1 voice on everything. Then run the Count options/repairs.

Seems to have help on my end… good luck.

unihead
    Participant

@unihead

Hi – I tried running the repair with no luck. The only thing that seemed to fix the problem in the end, strangely, was reducing the number of replies per page to 10. For some stupid reson bbPress couldn’t handle 25 replies per page.

I reduced it to 10 and the missing replies came back. Feels like a bug to me.

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

Hi unihead, I am working with two sites that are using bbPress. Both are displaying this same issue and as I understand my client has struggled for a long time with this problem. One of the sites also uses a plugin called “bbPress Threaded Replies” The other does not but both sites will not display replies.

Today I turned off “bbPress Threaded Replies” in the site using it. The problem went away immediately. However that doesn’t help me with the other site. The replies are still hidden there.

Thought I would share just in case it helps you.

unihead
    Participant

@unihead

Thanks for that info! I’m not using that plugin though. I have no idea why reducing the replies per page seemed to fix this issue for me…

pcgs51
    Participant

@pcgs51

I tried that just now and it seems to have helped the other site. So this is awesome! I need to research plugins. Wondering if some of the bbPress extension plugins that are in these sites are old and are no longer used? Would be nice if there was a deprecated list. Going to search for one now.

unihead
    Participant

@unihead

Fantastic, I’m so glad I’ve managed to help someone else.

It’s a mess out there, good luck …

anmari
    Participant

@anmari

Just adding my voice so i can subscribe to topic. also last reply not showing, no bbpress extensions, fairly vanilla setup (2010 theme). Counts/last voice/freshness wrong/inconsistent depending where one looks despite running recalc tools. no cache plugin.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar