Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Replace bbP Manage Subscriptions

• madflute
    Participant

@madflute

Hi, bbP Manage Subscriptions has been removed from WP repository and I am desperately seeking something to replace. I am not a developer so it needs to be easy to use plugin.

Our forum has 3 layer access control: Subscribers, Contributors, and Editors. Any pointer would be appreciated.

-Hiro

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I’m not sure what bbP Manage Subscriptions did, so hard to say what will replace

try

bbPress Toolkit

that has some subscription management stuff

madflute
    Participant

@madflute

Hi, thank you for your response. I do have bbPress Toolkit but I don’t think it can do what bbP Manage Subscriptions did. What it does is to force a user to subscribe/unsubscribe to a specific forum(s). For example, you can pick up active contributors and force them to subscribe to the contributors’ forum. This is all done in a convenient table.

Robin W

@robin-w

It is not being maintained, but I presume it still works?

Wordpress removes plugins that are not maintained, but most continue to work and are based on stable code.

or is this one now not working ?

madflute
    Participant

@madflute

It is working as far as I can tell, but this site was compromised. The malware was found, which led me to install WordFence, and this plugin is marked critical. There is no way of knowing this plugin was the security hole, however.

madflute
    Participant

@madflute

Hi @robin-w,
    I am having another thought. Is there any easy way to have all the users under one of the roles subscribe to one or more forums? In other words, I am considering a bulk action to make all the subscriber role users subscribed to an Announcement forum and General discussion forum, and so on. Then let them unsubscribe by themselves if they wish. If this is possible, I may be able to ditch bbP Manage Subscriptions plugin altogether.

Thank you for your help.
    -Hiro

Robin W

@robin-w

could be done, but beyond free help – sorry

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar