Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove topic tags, they will not delete

• Submachiner

@submachiner

First off, I’d really like someone to answer me. I’m getting tired of creating threads and nobody seems to have the answer, or doesn’t care about helping out. Unless I’m being spammed. And if that is the case, why. I don’t deserve to be spammed.

Second. We upgraded to the latest version. Topic tags no longer work. We have tried several ways to fix the problem and it still wont fix the problem.

We have tried several ways of removing the tags.

We do not want tags at all. People are posting obscene, hateful content into them. My next step is to have tag history installed, and have those users banned. But to prevent that rash action I want to know. Is there a permanent and well known solution to removing topic tags.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hi neighbor. No, you are not being marked as spam. If you were your posts would show you.

Looking through your topic history, there is one unresolved core bbPress issue (which I just responded to). The rest were questions to plugin authors which we don’t have much control over.

Consider that wanting to remove topic tags completely would require the use of a custom theme that does not use them, and/or a plugin to disable the functionality too.

Of the several things of you’ve tried, exactly what version of bbPress did you update from and to (1.0.1, 1.0 branch, 1.1 trunk, etc…) Did it work before your update? Did any of your changes modify core bbPress files? If so, what happens when you go back to what came in the zip? If not, are you using a custom theme? If so, does deleting tags work with a default theme?

Lots of things you can include to help us help you. Remember this is free software and free support that you’ve received already, successfully, and recently in the past.

I get that you’re upset and there is an obvious sense of urgency, but in the future you’ll get a better response by including detailed info about your issue, what you’ve already attempted, and steps to duplicate the issue.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Hi neighbor. No, you are not being marked as spam. If you were your posts would show you.

Looking through your topic history, there is one unresolved core bbPress issue (which I just responded to). The rest were questions to plugin authors which we don’t have much control over.

Consider that wanting to remove topic tags completely would require the use of a custom theme that does not use them, and/or a plugin to disable the functionality too.

Of the several things of you’ve tried, exactly what version of bbPress did you update from and to (1.0.1, 1.0 branch, 1.1 trunk, etc…) Did it work before your update? Did any of your changes modify core bbPress files? If so, what happens when you go back to what came in the zip? If not, are you using a custom theme? If so, does deleting tags work with a default theme?

Lots of things you can include to help us help you. Remember this is free software and free support that you’ve received already, successfully, and recently in the past.

I get that you’re upset and there is an obvious sense of urgency, but in the future you’ll get a better response by including detailed info about your issue, what you’ve already attempted, and steps to duplicate the issue.

Submachiner

@submachiner

We updated from 0.9.0.2 to 1.0.2 bechet. Tags worked fine before the update occured. We do have a custom theme installed and tags worked fine with it installed before the update.

Just reverted to the default theme, and tags are not deleting.

Can you give more detail into what you mean by changes modifying core bbpress files? please and thanks :)

Thank you for helping me out so far, and providing tips on how to get better support. I apologize that I’m testy. I’ll be more patient. :)

Submachiner

@submachiner

We updated from 0.9.0.2 to 1.0.2 bechet. Tags worked fine before the update occured. We do have a custom theme installed and tags worked fine with it installed before the update.

Just reverted to the default theme, and tags are not deleting.

Can you give more detail into what you mean by changes modifying core bbpress files? please and thanks :)

Thank you for helping me out so far, and providing tips on how to get better support. I apologize that I’m testy. I’ll be more patient. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar