Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

remove … To participate, register or login with your WordPress.org username

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ah, just before i start to spam this forum with a another question:

i really have to change the register page, and i need only two form items in register.php, and those two are: “email” and “username” without the rest.

so now i’ve found a php snippet** (it took me btw 2 hours to figure out what they do) ANYWAY… to cut a long story short i’ve tried to remove the php tag but as expected a blank page after that.

phewww …. pure hardcore guys!

** `<?php if ( is_array($profile_info_keys) ) : foreach ( $profile_info_keys as $key => $label ) : ?>

<tr<?php if ( $label[0] ) { echo ‘ class=”required”‘; $label[1] .= ‘<sup>*</sup>’; } ?>>`

Where exactly is this:

i’d like to remove the “To participate, register or login with your WordPress.org username:” part completely, but i had though luck to find this little php snippet in my template.

I don’t see that on my site. I’m using 1.0.1

@johnnydoe: In your theme’s register.php, before the line if ( is_array($profile_info_keys) ) : (above the <?php tag before that), put:

<?php unset( $profile_info_keys['user_url'], $profile_info_keys['from'], $profile_info_keys['occ'], $profile_info_keys['interest'] ); ?>

That will take out the extra fields in the register form. What you did was take out the part that outputs all the form fields :D

I can’t see the “to participate” part either, did you manage to get hold of the bbPress.org template? ;)

well not really kawa i’ve just copy & pasted the message from this forum here (@chand it’s right on top of this forum), my forum is in german and i thought that sounds maybe chinese for a few if i post the german message so i copied the one from here. :D

other than that , kawa you’re right i’m one of the most brilliant php coders you’ve ever seen, my backend know how is like …well ughhh beyond words lol

however, i use your trick with those fields, but yet an advice regarding to the “guest welcome/login message” ?

Not quite sure what you’re asking, but if you’re just trying to display a message to non-logged in users, use something like:

<?php if ( !bb_is_user_logged_in() ) : ?>
    Welcome, please log in or register!
    <?php endif; ?>

in front-page.php

My coding is pretty terrible too ;P I just learn from poking around in bbPress and WordPress and breaking things a lot, so you’re going about it the right way :P

just the the other way round haha , i need to hide those existing messages completely. :D

Nooo idea where they are then sorry, try using something like Find in Files with Programmer’s Notepad to search for the line

yeah that’s what i’m doing since 2 days (i allways try things first befor i ask), and this is kinda annoying if you’re in a “productive flow” with your template design.

aaaaanyway i may find this pisser … one day :D

thanks kawa

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar