Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove 'Sticky Topic' capability from Moderator

• midnighz
    Participant

@midnighz

Hi Everyone,
    first of all, I’m new to bbPress and I think this wordpress’s plugin is really fantastic for me.

And now I stuck with this. I would like to remove ‘Sticky Topic’ capability from Moderator role.
    So, how to do this?

I wouldn’t like to allow Moderator can Sticking any topic. And also can’t create topic with ability to choose Topic Type (Normal,Stick,Super Stick)

Many thanks for advance for any help 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • There isn’t currently a way to do what you are asking, there probably is a way to disable stickies site wide for everyone (including admin/keymaster) but that is not what you are looking for.

With the default permissions a moderator has I think there are far more dangerous options available to them such as deleting other users topics and replies.

In this regard you are offering any moderators of your forum a certain degree of trust. I would suggest you extend this trust to your moderators in regards to stickies. You can make this part of your ‘moderator’ rules/policy and ask all your moderators abide by this policy.

midnighz
    Participant

@midnighz

@Stephen Edgar

Hmm, I think that’s the best way I can do.
    Last night I tried to modify all of capabilities files in bbPress and remove all Sticky option from everywhere. But I ended up with headache 😆 It’s too huge. So I need to back it up to original.

Thanks for you reply Sir 🙂

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar