Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove first Post when Topic Created / multiple comment sections on one page

• newguy
    Participant

@dvrose

Hello I am creating a page and would like to have multiple commenting sections throughout. I have tried to use multiple Topics and [bbp-single-topic id=###] which works yet it leaves a blank comment when created.

Is there a better way to accomplish this task? or is there a way to not show the first post?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Not really sure what you are doing.

Can you give us a link to a page showing the issue, and post the content of that page – ie the shortcodes etc. that is creating it.

newguy
    Participant

@dvrose

Right now I am hosting my site locally but here is an example of my code of my paper:

Title of Paper
    Section 1 of paper:
    Paragraph:
    [bbp-single-topic id=1]

Section 2 of paper:
    Paragraph:
    [bbp-single-topic id=2]

etc…

I want the ability to have the readers comment after every section. But when I created the “BBP Topic” and use the “id” it automatically displays a blank comment(which I do not want). Do you know if this is possible?

Thank you for your help.

Robin W

@robin-w

so to understand – in place of the comment form, you’d like say a link/button that brings up the form?

newguy
    Participant

@dvrose

Not exactly. Underneath each section I would like to give readers the ability to comment. And once someone comments on a section I’d like that comment to be displayed and other readers to comment underneath(or reply to previous comment).

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, sorry but isn’t that what it is doing??

I think you will need to post a screenshot and details of what should be different

newguy
    Participant

@dvrose

(removed dead link)

When created the first “Post” is blank. This is what I would like not to be displayed.

Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

that link comes back with ‘unfortunately the messages were deleted as requested’ and I can’t see

newguy
    Participant

@dvrose

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, thanks – sorry it’s sometimes hard to understand the obvious until you see it !

so I’m presuming that there should be some content to that post?!

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

newguy
    Participant

@dvrose

No I would not like to display that first post. It creates a blank post when I create the Topic. I would not like any post to show until someone comments.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, very confused now. How can someone comment on a post if they can’t see the post??

jglemza
    Participant

@jglemza

You can pull this off by hiding the 3rd li. Something like this should do the trick.

body.page #bbpress-forums li:nth-child(3) {
    	display: none;
    }

newguy
    Participant

@dvrose

PERFECT! Exactly how I want this to be displayed. Thank you for all your help.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar