Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Remove comment “reply” button

• vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Is there a way to remove the “reply” button from a topics replies? So users cannot reply to each other, but can reply to the topic?
    I believe the class the reply button is under is called “bbp-reply-to-link”.
    Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I think you mean threaded replies, in which case turn this off in

dashboard>settings>forums

vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Thanks for your reply. This is what I thought originally but I checked it and I have already turned this off so I am unsure. I could remove the code <?php bbp_reply_admin_links(); ?> from my ‘loop-single-reply.php’ file but this means I cannot moderate the comments which isn’t ideal.

Robin W

@robin-w

so what is the benefit to NOT having reply option within a reply?

If you have lots of replies, having to scroll back to the topic is a pain, and if you have threads turned off, then replying to a reply is the same as replying to the topic.

vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Hi Robin, the newest replies are shown at the top of the screen and as well as this, I have a “back to top” button so if the user goes to the end of the page they don’t have to scroll all the way back up. There is only a limited amount of comments per page anyway so the majority of the time the reply form is in view to the user. Because of this, there is no need for me to have the text/button there and so I wanted to remove it, but keep the links for admins. Any ideas on how I could do this?

Robin W

@robin-w

.bbp-reply-to-link {
    display: none;
    }

vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Great thank you! Another thing about the admin links, is there a way to allow the user to delete their own comments? I am unsure if there are certain permissions that disable this option

Robin W

@robin-w

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Topic/Reply Display items 17, 18, 19

vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Perfect just what I needed thanks again Robin

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar