Registeration: How to allow users to begin without checking email for password
How do can I allow new users to begin creating forum topics without having to check their email to receive their password first?
I ask because currently, the process of new user creation is:
1. User goes to /register.php and fills out their new account info
2. bbPress sends that user their password
3. the new user has to go to their email account and retrieve their auto-generated password
4. the new user obtains their password and then logs into bbPress
What I want to do is essentially eliminate the need for the user to do steps 2-4 before they can start chatting on bbPress.
What I’d like to do is instead:
1a. User goes to /register.php and fills out their new account info
2b. User is now auto-logged and can begin chatting
(Their password is still email to them, but they don’t need it to begin chatting on new user creation)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.