Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Redirect to topic page by ID

• vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Is there a way to redirect to a topic page via either a reply ID (from said page) or the topic ID itself?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

sorry – don’t understand the question.

if you mean go to a topic then this is simply the url, which will depend on your permalink settings

vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Hi Robin, this is for the activity feed in the user profiles that I have, and so there are many urls that I need. So what I was going to do was get the reply ID of the users reply (using the BuddyPress function bp_get_activity_item_id()) and then hopefully pass this into a function which takes the reply ID and ouputs the associated topic ID. Then with this topic ID I wanted to return the URL of the page which is linked to that topicID.

Example to make it clearer:
    TopicID = 6507
    User replies to this topic -> replyID = 7809

In activity section of profile:
    id-reply = get_reply_id() -> returns the value of 7809 (already have this function)
    id-topic = get_topic_id(id-reply) -> returns 6507 as that is the topic that the reply is in
    url-topic = get_topic_url(id-topic) -> retuns the url of the topic

Hopefully that makes more sense above, I would like to know if there is a function similar to ‘get_topic_id’ and ‘get_topic_url’

Robin W

@robin-w

$topic_url = bbp_get_topic_permalink( bbp_get_reply_topic_id( $reply_id ) );

$forum_permalink = bbp_get_forum_permalink( $forum_id );

two examples of what you might be after

vincenzon617
    Participant

@vincenzon617

Just what I wanted! Thanks again Robin!

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar