Recurring “No topics found” message
Running WordPress 4.9.5, bbPress 2.5.14, Buddypress 2.9.4
Forums are randomly becoming inaccessible to logged-in users, displaying only the “no topics found” message despite showing the appropriate number of topics in the forum listings. Most forums are rendered inaccessible when the error occurs, but not all. Forums that remain accessible show no obvious difference in configuration or status from the forums that display the “no topics found” message.
Problem persists regardless of theme or plugin configuration.
- I’ve tried both wpfix plugins, neither fixed the problem.
- I tried deactivating and reactivating all plugins on the actual site to no effect, then created a clone of the site and deactivated and deleted all plugins except bbPress, Buddypress, and the wpfix plugins. The problem persists.
- I’ve switched to the latest version of Twentyseventeen and the problem persists.
- I’ve tried using both Forum Tools and Buddypress tools to repair issues, to no effect.
- Also tried resetting permalinks, no effect
The only thing that repairs the issue is switching each forum to public, saving the forum, then returning the forum to private status and saving again. Bulk edit doesn’t work — only updating each forum individually.
After being fixed, the forums sometimes slip back into inaccessibility, even if no change has been made to the forum itself.
Any help in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.