Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Recover lost password bug?

• When a user clicks on “Recover lost password,” they are sent an email containing a link to reset their password. When they click on the link they receive a message that says their password has been reset. So far so good. When the user tries to logon with the new password though they get bbPress error message that says “Key not found.” However, their password has in fact been reset and all is good.

The same error occurs on this board as well. Is this a bug? and does anyone know of a workaround?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I noticed this bug as well (0.8.3) and came across another one (see below).

The whole password workflow seems a bit clunky and confusing. There is no link for a password reminder or reset, and the only way to get to the reset function is to attempt a login. Many users who have forgotten their password may not try to log in, and will look for a “password reminder” or reset function instead. They may not work out that they have to click log-in anyway to get to the reset!

On my current install, if I initiate a password reset with an empty user id field, the system simply exits and displays a blank page. It would be better to trap this and indicate to the user that they must enter a user name to execute the reset process.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar