Recommended route for upgrading inactive forum
Hi everyone. I am very happy to see there is again certain activity in the future of bbPress and that the “plugin version” is already release in alpha.
I understand much has been put into it and I’ve seen Gautam’s converter script.
We have and old forum we managed to convert to bbPress 1 hooked together with a WordPress installation (2. but we got stack with the theming integration and it was never released. We now want to go ahead with the project but we are a bit uncertain which route to go with.
I would really appreciate from developers or someone who’s had the experience comments on:
– bbPress have a long tradition of “working alphas” is this the case again? I mean can I consider now that once beta and final version are released it won’t mean reconverting everything again from scrath?
– would I better off waiting for the final release and importer, specially if we plan to integrate buddypress on this installation afterwards.
Many thanks in advance and thanks to the development team for maintaining the project.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.