Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Recommended route for upgrading inactive forum

• Hi everyone. I am very happy to see there is again certain activity in the future of bbPress and that the “plugin version” is already release in alpha.

I understand much has been put into it and I’ve seen Gautam’s converter script.

We have and old forum we managed to convert to bbPress 1 hooked together with a WordPress installation (2.8) but we got stack with the theming integration and it was never released. We now want to go ahead with the project but we are a bit uncertain which route to go with.

I would really appreciate from developers or someone who’s had the experience comments on:

– bbPress have a long tradition of “working alphas” is this the case again? I mean can I consider now that once beta and final version are released it won’t mean reconverting everything again from scrath?

– would I better off waiting for the final release and importer, specially if we plan to integrate buddypress on this installation afterwards.

Many thanks in advance and thanks to the development team for maintaining the project.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

bbPress have a long tradition of “working alphas” is this the case again? I mean can I consider now that once beta and final version are released it won’t mean reconverting everything again from scrath?

You won’t need to convert anything now, there might be normal internal upgrades. :)

would I better off waiting for the final release and importer, specially if we plan to integrate buddypress on this installation afterwards.

I’d recommend at least waiting for the official alpha of the plugin. :)

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

bbPress have a long tradition of “working alphas” is this the case again? I mean can I consider now that once beta and final version are released it won’t mean reconverting everything again from scrath?

You won’t need to convert anything now, there might be normal internal upgrades. :)

would I better off waiting for the final release and importer, specially if we plan to integrate buddypress on this installation afterwards.

I’d recommend at least waiting for the official alpha of the plugin. :)

Thanks Gautam… so I understand then that we are still on a non-official alpha… ummm that sounds extremely early ;)

Thanks Gautam… so I understand then that we are still on a non-official alpha… ummm that sounds extremely early ;)

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

alsur: Only a few tickets are left for the alpha to be out. :)

Gautam Gupta
    Participant

@gautamgupta

alsur: Only a few tickets are left for the alpha to be out. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar