Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Recent Topics showing hidden/private forum topics to ALL

• nando99
    Participant

@nando99

i’m using bbpress with buddypress, latest versions of both and latest version of wp.

the recent topic widget displays topics from private group forums to everyone… groups are private for a reason… is this a bug or?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Thorsten :-)
    Participant

@per4mance

I’ve the same issue and looking for a solution 🙁

Can you update to the newly released version of bbPress 2.4 and let us know if it is still broken.

Thorsten :-)
    Participant

@per4mance

@netweb

Hi Stephen,

thank you for your update but it doesn’t work, see screenshot http://www.screencast.com/t/LFaiSPT1KER

The bbPress widget recent topics shows posts of hidden buddypress groups if buddypress integration is chosen.

It would be great to stop this – thank you!

Best Regards,
    Thorsten

I will take a look at this further tomorrow but in the meantime can you run the repair tool ‘Repair BuddyPress Group Forum relationships’ (/wp-admin/tools.php?page=bbp-repair) and let me know if any changes occur.

Thorsten :-)
    Participant

@per4mance

@netweb

You’ve got it!! Big smile for you. It was the repair function I missed to handle. Didn’t know to do that 🙁

Thank you!!

Regards
    Thorsten

Cool, glad it worked 🙂

joeyaberle
    Participant

@joeyaberle

Sorry to reopen this topic, but I think I am having an issue that is close to this one. I have my forum that I use for groups set to hidden, so only admin can actually see the forum on the main page. The issue is that, despite the forum being hidden, the topics still show up on the recent topics list. Is there a way to keep the group forum topics off the main forum page and only in the groups?

Thanks.

Zane
    Participant

@zane

Hi Stephen,

You are all over this forum!

I am running into this issue. I tried the repair but posts from the hidden forums still show under recent posts.

I am using the Community Junction bbpress theme. I will contact the creator to try to hack it but I believe that even the post titles should not be accessible if set to hidden and user is not logged in.

Let me know if you want me to run any tests. Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar