Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Really, really odd behavior with sticky posts

• grex22
    Participant

@grex22

I’m having quite a weird bug appear on me with bbPress, and wanted to see if anyone had anything similar occur to them.

So, I have a forum with 4 sticky topics. Every week or so, we’ll get one of those topics just vanish from the top of the front page (the ‘sticky’ position). This has happened so often that we’ve adopted a term for it — the topic has “gone rogue”.

The weird thing is that the topic still shows up in the forum, just way further down in it’s chronological place. It’s still styled as a sticky topic, with the different background and all, it’s just not in the right spot.

Furthermore, when viewing the ‘rogue’ topic in admin, it shows up as a Draft, “Pending Review”. Re-publishing the topic fixes the problem and puts the post back to the top of the page, but I’d obviously like to get this ironed out before the forum grows further.

It’s like somehow a sticky topic (even closed ones) just decide to switch to a draft which drops them out of the sticky position..

Anyone seen this before, or can offer any insight?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • It does seem strange, could you create a ticket/bug report on Trac with ‘if you can’ detailed reproduction steps and some screenshots would probably also help so we can look further into this please.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/

grex22
    Participant

@grex22

For what it’s worth, this seems to be related to the fact that the Topic’s post_status is set to ‘closed’ — So a closed, sticky topic won’t retain it’s place at the top of the forum listing.

Quite odd, and is causing quite a bit of unusual behavior. I’m going to try to upgrade to the version that is now out since I posted this originally in hopes that this has somehow been fixed!

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

@grex22 @netweb – This issue is already fixed in trunk, and will come with 2.2. Basically, the stickies query wasn’t including the ‘closed’ post_status, and it now does.

Sorry about that.

grex22
    Participant

@grex22

AWESOME! I figured that was the issue after my testing yesterday — but couldn’t track down the query in core to fix it myself.

How close is 2.2 to release? Would you be nervous upgrading a 2.0.2 install to 2.2 at this point?

Thanks for the update on this, JJJ

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

2.0 to 2.2 will be fine; nothing to be nervous about.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar