Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Re: Incorporating bbPress theme files, into a pre-existing theme.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sorry, I’ve been closing threads that are “done” due to getting bumped by spammers. Hopefully when the site gets upgraded to 2.1 this won’t be an issue.

I deleted the snippet because it is now a full plugin available here

https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bbpress-custom-css-file/

:D

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

Thank ya kindly!

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

Hmm.. I guess that wasn’t my issue after all.

I’ve edited my bbpress.css file (the original) to reflect the color changes I need but it’s still showing the white text on #fafafa background instead of white text on #333333 background color.

I assumed that the #fafafa in the bbpress.css needed to be changed to #333333 but it didn’t work. So I went into my Themes folders .css and changed everything that was listed as #fafafa to #333333 but it still didn’t work.

The only change that was made, that carried over, was changing

div.bbp-template-notice.info {

border: #cee1ef 1px solid;

background-color: #fafafa;

to

div.bbp-template-notice.info {

border: #cee1ef 1px solid;

background-color: #333333;

All of the other changes I made to the bpress.css does not seem to be carrying over.

I also changed the colors in the bbpress-rtl.css and that didn’t work either.

Any thoughts?

Without a link to your site I can’t say.

To be honest I still don’t understand what isn’t working. Place the bbpress.css in your theme directory, edit it as you need, that should be it.

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

http://bp.daevas.com/discussion/board/eu/english/servers/

The bbpress.css is in my theme directory but the only changes being made are to the “This category contains 0 topics and 0 replies” section. The lower table/cell backgrounds aren’t changing even though I made the changes in the .css file.

Actually it’s my fault. I originally listed my plugin as 2.0 and 2.1 compatibly, when really it only works for 2.1 (which is currently in beta).

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

Ahh, ok. Hmm… I guess I’ll just go through the other .css files in my theme and see if anything could be overwriting the table/cell background color in the original bbpress.css.

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

Okay, this is insane. I am able to change the text color of the “Freshness” table, but I’m not able to change the background.

http://bp.daevas.com/discussion/board/na/

I’m stumped. I’ve even gone back and disabled ALL of the css files from my site and I’m still getting the same background colors for the table. I enabled the css again then I tinkered around with the Freshness table by adding “color: #ff0000” to it. That changed the color or the text.

.bbp-topic-freshness,

.bbp-forum-freshness {

text-align: center;

width: 25%;

color: #ff0000;

}

But, if I add “background-color: #ff0000;” it doesn’t change the background color.

I don’t know what’s going on here. Disabling the CSS leaves the same background and editing the css doesn’t change it.

Even adding the line “background-color: #ff0000;” to all tables without any background color listed does nothing. The only part that does change is the “This category contains 0 topics and 0 replies.” table.

BlinkyBill01
    Participant

@blinkybill01

Woot! Found it. I literally opened every .css file on my site (252 files) and searched. Turns out, the Gantry Framework css/wordpress.css file had the following code in it:

/* Other */

.rt-wordpress tr.even td {padding: 5px;background: #666666;border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;}

.rt-wordpress tr.odd td {padding: 5px;background: #333333;border-bottom: 1px solid #ddd;}

That was overwriting the code in the bbpress.css file.

Mark this one as closed. :P

10-4 :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar