Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

RapidWeaver – WordPress – BBPress Integration

• Background:

First Post here. Looking for much needed help and assistance.

Latest version of RapidWeaver and WP2.7x, haven’t downloaded BBP yet. Experience, beginner.

WP sits in my blog domain, nothing has been done to it at all since downloading.

Working on 4 sites, we’ll call them sites A, B, C and D. Have not uploaded any of the sites to my server yet so none are live. Sites B and C have the same RW theme. Site A is 80% complete with a RW theme, B and C are only 5% done, but could be finished this weekend. Site D holds the WP blog with no RW theme, just the base WP theme at this time.

What I want to accomplish:

Central Blog and Forum that sites A, B and C are all linked to.

What I think I would like:

Forum based in site B, with the RW theme, Blog based in site D (only because site D, has the domain name of my blog)(it would be great if I could have the same theme for the Blog and Forum). Integration of the Forum and Blog. All sites linked to the Forum and Blog.

Questions:

How to best accomplish this. Should Blog and Forum reside on same Site (like site D)., and A, B and C link to it via an offsite page? Or is there a better way to do this. Where should I download BBPress to, site A, B, C or D?

I’m very open to any thoughts and ideas. I’m kind of at a standstill right now, as I want to make sure I start off doing the right things and having WP and BBP loaded to the right places. And I’m anxious to get started.

I hope I have explained this in a clear way and it’s not to confusing. I would like to download BBP and get started on this project this weekend. If we forget about the RapidWeaver part of this. The real question would be, if I want 3 sites to be able to access and be linked to both bbPress and WP, what is the best way to do this.

I’m also a little confused about integration with WP 2.7x and bbPress. Is there some problems with doing this at this time. I’m really closed to having my sites up and running, but I’m at a standstill right now. I just want to make sure I do things the right way, the first time.

Please offer any advice you think might be helpful. If I need to explain this better, let me know. I’m really hyped on using bbPress, and WP, just want all three sites to be able to function with them equally. If nothing else, can anyone offer, what I need to do next.

Thank you all for your time and assistance on something that is very important to me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar