Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Quick question regarding customizing Twenty Ten bbPress theme

• kevinvaughn

@kevinvaughn

Ok, I’m a complete nubee to WordPress and bbPress so please bear with me. I have been tasked with customizing the Twenty Ten theme with bbPress plugin (Twenty Ten) child theme.

Can someone tell me what would be best, to modify these themes as they are or should I make a copy and rename them and create new themes? If so, how do I go about doing this? For instance, how would I get the renamed versions to read each other and work together?

Another question I have is… If I were to just modify these themes, will they be overwritten if I were to do an automatic update of WordPress or the bbPress plugin?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anointed
    Participant

@anointed

I would create a child theme of twenty-ten if that is what you are working from. I would then add in all the bbpress template files into your new child theme and modify everything from there.

That is kind of the concept of child themes, where you can modify to your hearts delight without fear of upgrading the primary themes and loosing your changes.

There are hundreds of great articles online dealing with child-themes.

kevinvaughn

@kevinvaughn

Thanks anointed for taking the time to answer… that’s the info I as looking for!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar