Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Public capabilities on custom post type

• Barryman91
    Participant

@barryman91

Apparently bbPress is blocking public viewers from reading custom post types and I can’t find the settings to edit the public capabilities. I noticed when activating the Plugin it hides/removes the spectator/blocked role and I can only edit capabilities on logged in user roles.

To give an example of the problem: get_field returns empty on a custom post type when someone is not logged in.

I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the latest update of bbPRess or BuddyPress?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Are you sure it’s just a bbpress issue?

The ‘lastest’ bbpress is quite old now, so if it was an issue, I’m sure it would have been flagged by now.

presume you have

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

Barryman91
    Participant

@barryman91

Deactivating bbPress does fix the problem, though it could be a conflict between other plugins. I will try to debug them one at a time on a test server, thank you very much for the help so far!

Barryman91
    Participant

@barryman91

Solved, the problem had something to do with the forum repair functions. Rerunning the repair tool with ‘Recalculate private and hidden forum’ checked fixed the problem..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar