Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile page not loading!

• I’ve got my forum set in German and had some trouble displaying various characters, so I followed a few hints in various topics around here and set my database collocation from utf-8_general_ci to utf-8_bin.

That in itself didn’t change the problem – that didn’t disappear until I converted the front-page.php from being encoded in ANSI to being encoded in utf-8. Since that took care of the problem, I converted all other files I’d been using lately (profile, topic, etc) to utf-8, figuring that it was my mistake for not having notepad++ set properly when I started out with it.

Everything is now displaying properly except for the profile page which simply will not load. I am getting timeout errors, e.g.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in … /forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-formatting.php on line 257

or

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in …/forum/bb-includes/backpress/functions.plugin-api.php on line 136

or

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in …/forum/bb-includes/functions.bb-core.php on line 844

If I hit refresh, it shows up with a different line in any of those files. They all have something to do with the encoding, from what I can see.

So I changed back the database collation, and converted the files into ANSI again, and deactivated any plugin that directly links into the profile page (the subscribe to topics plugin). No change. No profile. Still the same error messages.

Could anyone point me into the right direction of where to look? If there’s anything more you need to know, I’ll gladly mail the details.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar