Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Profile hook/filter

• Hi!

I’m working on a plugin that I want to show some info on the profile page. The only hook I’ve found that lets me do that is get_profile_info_keys, but that puts the info on top of the profile page (seems like it does it before the header) and where I actually want it.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can use to get my “stuff” in the profile page?

Regards,

Rune

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

The profile page is very difficult if not impossible to hook into as it needs some work (and apparently might change by 1.0)

You’ll have to do template edits.

So I noticed. But I found a kind of dirty hack that I used in the bb-twitter plugin. It works, but it’s not the best way to do it :-)

Rune

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Dirty hacks are prone to break from release to release… :)

@sambauers

Yes, I know, but the one I used in bb-twitter is not so “bad”. I just hooked in to the show avatar function, and made sure that it only shows on the profile page, and no other pages. And that is just to show the latest tweet from that user.

The admin/profile part is using the right hooks so the user can control the twittername and chose to show or not to show the tweet!

I really hope there will be some hooks/filters for the profile page one day :-)

Rune

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar