Categories
Search
Bottom

Problems getting started: user profile 404, links, sorting topics

• nmschaller
    Participant

@nmschaller

Hello bbpress community,

Please help me overcome the first hurdles with bbpress.

re. user profile 404

I have followed the install guide for bbpress. Everything seems to work fine except the click on a user picture/link (other than my admin picture/link) leads to 404.

The site is live on

Leadership resources

On this topic, for example, the participant answering with a Gravatar picture cannot be accessed. (I have a plugin installed that redirects all 404 to the homepage which is what happens here.)

I would like to run the bbpress forums without BuddyPress, if possible. Is there a solution to this issue?

Re. An engaging business community giving credit to people who take the time to submit comprehensive organizational case studies

There is a community that I like particularly:
    https://www.managementexchange.com/

What I like here is:
    1. It’s topic based – the new does not crowd out the excellent.
    2. The case studies can be ranked by likes and comments. Along with a large user image and name this gives credit to the contributors.
    3. Title and tags show what it is about.
    4. Clicking on the topics leads to comprehensive organization case studies.

Can I realize something similar with bbpress?

I know this example community allows for front end posting from a form that prompts to comprehensive answers, but I hope I can offer an initial community with bbpress before going for a more complex solution.

What I have not found in bbpress out of the box is likes, or a sorting of topics.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Nicole

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

1.404 issue

The link looks good, suggest you try

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

I would like to run the bbpress forums without BuddyPress, if possible. Is there a solution to this issue?

yes bbpress runs quite happily on its own – my bbpress sites run without buddypress.

An engaging business community giving credit to people who take the time to submit comprehensive organizational case studies

beyond ‘support desk’ help I’m afraid – it is do-able but lots and lots of bespoke coding needed (The site is not a bbpress one) . My style pack would help in getting a nicer look

bbp style pack

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar