Problems getting started: user profile 404, links, sorting topics
Hello bbpress community,
Please help me overcome the first hurdles with bbpress.
re. user profile 404
I have followed the install guide for bbpress. Everything seems to work fine except the click on a user picture/link (other than my admin picture/link) leads to 404.
The site is live on
On this topic, for example, the participant answering with a Gravatar picture cannot be accessed. (I have a plugin installed that redirects all 404 to the homepage which is what happens here.)
I would like to run the bbpress forums without BuddyPress, if possible. Is there a solution to this issue?
Re. An engaging business community giving credit to people who take the time to submit comprehensive organizational case studies
There is a community that I like particularly:
What I like here is:
1. It’s topic based – the new does not crowd out the excellent.
2. The case studies can be ranked by likes and comments. Along with a large user image and name this gives credit to the contributors.
3. Title and tags show what it is about.
4. Clicking on the topics leads to comprehensive organization case studies.
Can I realize something similar with bbpress?
I know this example community allows for front end posting from a form that prompts to comprehensive answers, but I hope I can offer an initial community with bbpress before going for a more complex solution.
What I have not found in bbpress out of the box is likes, or a sorting of topics.
Thanks a lot for your help.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.