Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problems after Importing Vbulliten

• MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I imported VBulletin 4+ in bbPress and when I goto Forums I can see all the the threads but when I click on one of them this is what shows.. see picture.

Thread after VB Import problem

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You need to run each of the repair tools one by one at Tools -> Forums -> Repair

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Ok thanks.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

It worked on some of the forums but not all?

The repair tools will do each and every forum, so it should be an all of nothing scenario here.

That said this could be a theme issue also, make a copy of your themes page.php and rename it to bbpress.php (You could use page-sidebar.php or whatever template you’d prefer)

Let me know how that works for you and we can go from there.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Well I had to change to the newer C-Panel servers on Godaddy so I did a whole new install and went to import with all entries that worked before but now it will not import anything. I was on the older servers at Godaddy could there be an issue with importing to newer Cpanel from older? Also is there a way to import a backup of the database?

Thanks for your time.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

Ok I got it installed again by downloading my VB db and than uploading it to a new db on my new servers and then imported from that db.

I am using WordPress Smith 3.9.1 and yet again the same thing happens like the picture I posted earlier. I did check the forum before using the repair tool and they all worked but they were backwards in order also my YouTube videos & SoundCloud embeds are not showing.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I tried changing the name that did not work. I did get the order fixed.

Except for the default BBCode [b], [i], [u], [img], [url] etc the vBulletin importer only has [quote], [mention], [youtube] BBCodes added at this time. You would need to manually edit your topics and replies for any SoundCloud embeds.

To test this any further I will need your vBulletin version you importing from so I can take a closer look, firstly to see if I have a copy of a vBulletin ‘version xyz’ to test against and then to see if I can see any reason why it would not be importing everything correctly.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I totally forgot about a file you worked on back 7 months or so ago importing from VB4. You where helping figure all this out. As it turns out I ended not moving to WordPress at that time.

Fast forward to this thread…I went back to this thread https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/import-forums-error/

and downloaded the vb convert.php file you had been working on and did a new import with it and it worked!

YouTube and SoundCloud are working as they did in VB4 posts! All threads open up!

The only issue new is crumbs. Once you click into a post the crumbs look like this (Home>Topic>Topic Title) you loose Forum crumb. Also Stickies post colors are very light in color?

You are welcome to check out the forum here. The music forum has lots of SoundCloud and you can see YouTube in the Reason lounge,

Cool, I will take a closer look in the morning, it’s late here down under and the brain is to fuzzy to dive in right now 😉

Can you confirm which importer you used, did you import using the vBulletin3 or vBulletin importer and what is the exact version of the vBulletin forum you are importing from. I’ll try to take a closer look at those BBCodes and also make any updates as needed.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I imported from a VB 4.2.2

I first tried the (vBulletin) importer but it did not work.

Here is the import file that worked. https://gist.github.com/ntwb/513187363f36b56ec77d/download

I just checked the difference between the current version included with bbPress and that version you linked above. The version included with bbPress has quite a few enhancements, password support, forum categories, author IP, closed topics, sticky topics and topic tag slugs.

The difference that you need is the BBCodes:

// This is what is currently included with bbPress for YouTube:

$vbulletin_markup = preg_replace( '/\[video\=youtube;(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/video\]/', '$2', $vbulletin_markup );

//And this is what we had in that custom linked version:

// Replace '[video=youtube;$1]$2[/video]' with '$2"
    $vbulletin_markup = preg_replace( '/\[video\=youtube;(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/video\]/', '$2', $vbulletin_markup );

// Replace '[video=youtube_share;$1]$2[/video]' with '$2"
    $vbulletin_markup = preg_replace( '/\[video\=youtube_share;(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/video\]/', '$2', $vbulletin_markup );
    // Replace '[SOUNDCLOUD]$1[/SOUNDCLOUD]' with '$1"
    $vbulletin_markup = preg_replace( '/\[SOUNDCLOUD\](.*?)\[\/SOUNDCLOUD\]/', '$1', $vbulletin_markup );

So the addition of these two BBCodes:

[video=youtube_share;$1]$2[/video] and [SOUNDCLOUD]$1[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Do you know if both of these BBCodes are included with all vBulletin versions or are these custom BBCodes you manuallly created in your vBulletin install?

Either way I just updated that gist with the above BBCode that you should be able to download and test as you did 8 months ago, it has ‘all the things’ above included in it. 🙂

https://gist.github.com/ntwb/513187363f36b56ec77d

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

The SoundCloud is BBCode I got from vbulletin.org The youtube is part of VBulletin when it is installed.

<object height="81" width="100%"><param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=Paste SoundCloud Link Here&g=bb"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=Paste SoundCloud Link Here&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed></object> <a href="Paste SoundCloud Link Here">Paste SoundCloud Link Here</a>

I will re import the forum using the file you just made and let you know how it works.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

I gave your new file a try but the same thing happens as in the picture I first posted. Can’t get into the Forums. It will only let me into Sub-forums but none of the parent forums or forum with no subs.

Thanks, I’ll add the BBCode [video=youtube_share;$1]$2[/video] as part of the vBulletin importer.

And yes, let me know how it goes.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

The new file does not work I still can not get into the forum, I get this even after repairing files…see pic.

Sorry, I misread your post, I’ll take another look.

MediaSVI
    Participant

@mediasvi

No problem.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar