Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem with translation file

• funnycat777
    Participant

@funnycat777

I have a problem with translating an English phrase to Japanese because the variables are already containing the words behind the number.

For example, there is a phrase called, “This forum contains %1$s and %2$s, and was last updated by %3$s %4$s ago.” in BBPress. In the po file, I have translated to a phrase, “この掲示板は%1$s, %2$sが投稿されています。最終アップデートは%4$s前の%3$sさんによる投稿です。”

The translation for this shows as “この掲示板は19 topics, 136 repliesが投稿されています。最終アップデートは27日前の ABCさんによる投稿です。” in the frontend website. This is not good because the term “topics” and “replies” are built into to %1$s and %2$s, Same thing happens for below phrases.

A. This topic has %1$s, contains %2$s, and was last updated by %3$s %4$s ago.

B. This category contains %1$s and %2$s, and was last updated by %3$s %4$s ago.

Can you advise how to make it so that phrase work as “This forum contains %1$s topics and %2$s replies, and was last updated by %3$s %4$s ago.” so that I can convert the terms “topics” and “replies” to Japanese as well?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar