Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem with Shortcodes

• cloe22
    Participant

@cloe22

Hi there,

I have been using wordpress for the last year. In October I took over the completion of a site for a company I am working for. I set up a forum on the website using bbpress. All has worked fine until recently. Yesterday my boss pointed out an error on the forums page. See error here

I began trying to fix it by remaking the page, using different shortcodes and changing/refreshing settings. All my other shortcodes that I’m using on my website are working fine, and when I use a shortcode for a different plugin in the same place on this page, it works fine. The shortcode I have been using is [bbp-forum-index]. I don’t know what caused it to stop working, as I have not installed any new plugins since before it has stopped working.

WordPress 4.9.6 running Sydney theme.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

try

dashboard>settings>permalinks and just click save

This will reset the permalink

If that doesn’t work, come back

cloe22
    Participant

@cloe22

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried that and it loads the page but the forum/whole page doesn’t show up correctly. See fault here

Robin W

@robin-w

do you have caching software on the site – if so try a re-fresh

cloe22
    Participant

@cloe22

I don’t think I have any caching plugins. Any other suggestions?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar