Categories
Search
Bottom

Problem posting in Support Forum

• josh16
    Participant

@josh16

To the Mods and Admins:

Okay, so I just posted this topic under the ‘Themes’ category and it showed up as an ‘Array post’ or ‘Array voice’. When I logout I don’t see the topic there and when I log back on and try to reply to the topic it says it’s closed.

Am I not supposed to post in this forum? Did you mark me by mistake as a ‘bozo’ member? Is there a problem with the forums? Also, is there any way of contacting the mods/admins here by email?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• johnhiler

@johnhiler

I’ve seen that “array voice” error before on these support forums a few times.

I think it’s probably an issue with bbPress 1+ – the errors only started showing up recently, and also Voices is a new feature (0.9 has it as a plugin, but 1.0 has it in the core).

I don’t see it in trac, so if you have a few examples of the error… it may be worth posting there!

https://trac.bbpress.org/report/1

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I rescued that post from spam/akismet. I wonder if that error occurs frequently when creating a new topic where the post is caught by Akismet? There are lots of topics with a first post caught by Akismet, but the spammers don’t stick around to report bugs if the error IS occurring for them.

josh16
    Participant

@josh16

In that case this post was also caught by akismet a few weeks back.

I think it’s happening more frequently now. Perhaps give akismet a little less slack?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

There’s no tuning we can do here on Akismet: it’s a black box. As kevinjohngallagher recently mentioned here, it’s better suited for blog posts than forum posts.

I can tell you it certainly cuts down on the spammer registrations here. But it does have false positives.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar