Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Probably a simple problem with the forum heading..

• michaelh1990

@michaelh1990

Hi everyone.

I have a problem at the moment with the heading in my forums list. It always names itself the last forum I created. Please check my site. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? I’m running version 2.1 of bbPress.

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Did you get it fixed? Everything seems to be functioning right to me.

michaelh1990

@michaelh1990

Thanks for your reply.

Afraid not, the name/title of the forums is “favourite destinations”, when it should be “forums”. Check the link in my post.

I really don’t want to go meddling through the code too much.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Hmm I see what you mean.

I’m not sure where that is coming from. That portion (the heading) is controlled by your theme, not bbPress.

If you switched your theme to TwentyEleven my guess is that the problem would go away.

You will have to look and see if you can find what code the theme is using and it might help track down where this is coming from.

michaelh1990

@michaelh1990

You were right, I tracked down the code that is causing it from the Page Template (page.php) to this line of code:

<h2>

<?php

if(!empty($headline[0]) )

{

echo $headline[0];

}

else

{

the_title();

}

?>

</h2>

I can delete it all to just <h2>Forums</h2>, but then it changes all the page names to Forums.

I realise you don’t support every theme, but do you have any ideas on this? I’m sure its a simple code change.

Thanks again

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

See what happens when you take out everything in the <?php ?> except the_title();

michaelh1990

@michaelh1990

It seems the_title(); is causing it. I deleted the other lines, and nothing changed in the headings throughout the site. Surely it should pick up as “Forums”. Strange compatibility bug.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Hmm, I don’t know – I can’t replicate the problem on any of my 2.1 installs.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar