Categories
Search
Bottom

Private vs public forums

• wedebrick
    Participant

@wedebrick

Hi there,

sorry if this is the wrong subforum. We are creating a forum for our members which are already registered on our WordPress site. And I’m currently testing the forum. Now I have the following problem.

Two things are very important:
    1) the members/users should be able to create threads and write answers in threads without confirmation from the moderator
    2) the forum may not be seen public

What is the solution for this? When I put everything in private mode the threads (opened by my test account) need confirmation from the moderator to open.
    And when I put everything in public mode, other users (who are not registered with us) are able to see the forum when they know the URL. They are not able to create new threads or answer but they can see everything. It should, however, be private.

Also another thing: is there a way to deactivate the option to read the profiles of users? We want to keep privacy as high as possible so this would be of great help.

Thanks in advance
    wedebrick

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Private forums should provide what you want.

If items are going into moderation :
    1. what other bbpress related plugins are you running?
    2. are you putting links into threads – this is allowed, but try one with just text.

on profiles add

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Profile

wedebrick
    Participant

@wedebrick

Hi Robin,

thanks for your reply. The problem seems to have disappeared as my testing account is now able to open new threads in the private forum (without confirmation by mod). I don’t know if I changed anything (of importance) but yeah it’s working now.

Thanks also for linking to the profile pluggin!

wedebrick

Robin W

@robin-w

great !

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar