Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private Messaging?

• bpark73
    Participant

@bpark73

Does bbpress allow forum users to send private messages to one another? I can’t seem to find this anywhere and wondering if a basic feature as this is available with bbpress….otherwise a great plugin.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous User 5853594
    Inactive

@anonymized-5853594

You could use BuddyPress to do that. Its a bit overkill to use it just for that, but if you’re looking to expand the features of your community you’ll find that it does a lot more for you.

bpark73
    Participant

@bpark73

so “bbpress” itself does not have a PM feature? I thought this was fairly basic feature for forums?

Correct, 4bbPress doesn’t have ‘Private Messaging’ but bbPress and BuddyPress are very close friends, you could even say they PM each other more than any two plugins should.

In other words most of the developers of both the plugins are constantly using both plugins at the same time constantly ensuring both plugins work seamlessly together.

Kris35
    Participant

@kris35

Hello all. I’ve been reading the boards to see if their is a BBPress PM thingy and it seems we need to install BuddyPress and use their PM system? But I’ve also read that some people have had problems integrating the two? I might give this a go, but in the meantime I am using Cartpauj PM which works well. Not as streamlined as I would like it but it does the job.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Integrating BuddyPress and bbPress should be a breeze. One thing to keep in mind however, is that bbPress user profiles yield to BuddyPress’s member profiles. This could be overridden with a plugin, but is the default experience when integrating them together.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar