Bottom

Private groups forum

• DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

Hi Robin

About this plugin :

Private groups

I would like to make sure before installing it that it wouldn’t mess with my ecommerce theme profiles

I think it only applies to forum roles, but i prefer to ask before just in case 🙂

Thanks a lot for your great plugins 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

nit knowing what your ‘ecommerce theme profiles’ does code wise, I cannot guarantee, but suspect it should be ok, this plugin affects what is displayed, not how it looks

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

Hi

What does exactly this plugin in the background ? it creates a new field “group” for users ?
    and then checks for groups to check if group can see or not a forum ?

tx

Robin W

@robin-w

essentially yes,

users belong to groups and forums belong to groups. so this plugin looks at every time a display of forum/topic/reply is about to happen, and checks that the user is allowed to see the forum/topic/reply because the user is a member of the group that the forum belongs to.

DeepBlue
    Participant

@deepblue5

Ok thank you 🙂

and no risk of impacting performance ?

Thank you

Robin W

@robin-w

everything impacts performance – the weight of your car’s headlights affects the performance of your car, but you balance the ability to drive at night against losing a tiny tiny bit of speed.

This plugin does 2 quick db lookups when displaying forums/topics/replies – you’ll not see anything that is measurable

🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar