Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Private forums are inaccessible

• ough
    Participant

@ough

After upgrading from WordPress 3.4.2 to 3.5 and bbPress from 2.1.2 to 2.2.3. The private forums are inaccessible for both admin and regular users.

I am using the Twenty Eleven theme. I also tried with the new Twenty Twelve theme, same thing.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Lynq
    Participant

@lynq

Have you tried going to Settings > Permalinks and re-saving your permalinks, this worked for me when I local test stopped displaying the forum pages.

ough
    Participant

@ough

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn’t solve my issue.

I still can’t access private forums. If I make the forum public it gets accessible.

Any other ideas?

mat2k
    Participant

@mat2k

Hi !
    I have the same problem but with a little difference.
    Since update, administrators CAN’T see the private forums but are accessible for regular user…
    The oposite of how it should work…

I can’t understand this !

mat2k
    Participant

@mat2k

Any ideas?

mickyharris
    Participant

@mickyharris

I am getting this issue as well after upgrading to 2.2.3. I’m still running WP 3.4.2 but about to upgrade to 3.5.

Just to re-iterate, Private Forums are not showing but returning the following error message with DEBUG on: “Notice: Undefined index” and my custom 404 page is returned.

I’ve tried logging in as admin, then out again, deleting cookies and refreshing the Permalinks.

Hope someone can help, thanks.

mickyharris
    Participant

@mickyharris

OK, I’ve got a fix. Well, it worked for me anyway.

Go to Tools => Forums => Repair Forums in admin

Check ‘Remap existing users to default forum roles’ and ‘Repair items’

Hope that helps.

ough
    Participant

@ough

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. That solved my problems too. 🙂

flyingcolour
    Participant

@flyingcolour

I have the same problem few times and only thing i have done is, saving the permalinks again. and it worked for me..

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar