Categories
Search
Bottom

Private forums

• thodoris7
    Participant

@thodoris7

Hi,
    I want to create private forums in bbpress. if a user wants to get access in this private forum he should request it from the admin. I want this private forum to be visible from all users but not accesssable until the user get the access permission. I am using ultimate member plugin with bbpress.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

thodoris7
    Participant

@thodoris7

I have installed this plugin but when a user hasn’t permission access in a private forum he cant see it so he cant request access. I want to see the forum but cant access it until admin give him permission.

Robin W

@robin-w

set forum to public and use private groups to protect it – ie set at least one group ! Then use forum visibility

thodoris7
    Participant

@thodoris7

Thanks for the answer. Is there any way for the user to request access permission?

Robin W

@robin-w

set up a page and use a contact form plugin, then set the redirects in the private groups plugin forum visibility tab to that page

thodoris7
    Participant

@thodoris7

You saved my life, thanks for the answers.

thodoris7
    Participant

@thodoris7

The only problem is that i don’t know which forum the user will request permit access, is any solution for this?

Robin W

@robin-w

nothing automatic, I’d suggest you just create a check list or drop down list in your contact form

thodoris7
    Participant

@thodoris7

And one more question. Can i assign one user to multiple groups? For example i have forum 1 and forum 2, Group 1 can access forum 1 and Group 2 can access forum 2. I want to assign user x to have access both forum 1 and forum 2.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes – that is no problem – just go into dashboard>users>edit and you can select which groups they belong to

thodoris7
    Participant

@thodoris7

Thank you very much once again.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed !

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar