Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Printing threads (WP 3.8.1, bbPress 3.5.2)

• WP_Dave
    Participant

@wp_dave

Wondering what others do about printing threads. I’m fine just reading the screen, but others might want hardcopy. Is there a way to print the thread easily? I’ve looked at the Print Friendly Plugin, but it’s not integrated with forum software like bbPress so I’ve been told. I could recommend a Print Preview of the forum thread, but thought there would be something akin to the plugin I mentioned which works great on pages.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I can’t say that it has ever occurred to me that people might want to print whole threads !

Normally they (or at least I do) just copy/paste bits they need

I just tried a couple including print friendly, and neither worked !

Don’t se any quick or easy way to do this.

WP_Dave
    Participant

@wp_dave

Thanks Robin. Thought I’d ask anyway.

>> I can’t say that it has ever occurred to me that people might want to print whole threads ! <<
    Yes, part of the prompt/topic has static information which is why they want to print. It’s, also, an accessibility issue since some folks prefer hardcopy over screen reading. Maybe, more of a preference or style of reading than accessibility problem. Would be nice some day to have audio playback of text too, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

To achieve this you would just make an alternate CSS stylesheet based of the main bbPress stylesheet and enqueue it as part of your theme.

You’d simply use display: none for the bits you don’t need.

<link rel="stylesheet" id="bbpress-print-css" href="http://example.com/bbpress-print-css.css" type="text/css" media="print">

WP_Dave
    Participant

@wp_dave

Thanks Stephen.

I’ll see if that makes sense. May have more questions later…

Appreciate the help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar