Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

previous/next thread/forum navigation

• Schaum
    Participant

@schaum

I am looking for hack that allow a reader to switch from one question to the previous question and to next question (not the page number).
    Also for the forum…
    I can´t find it in the template.
    I hope someone here has a tipp

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Schaum
    Participant

@schaum

Thank you for the link, but this plugin give´s an error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘;’, expecting ‘)’ in *********/wp-content/plugins/tp-navs/tp-navs.php on line 14

I think the newer bbress will not work.

Any other idea´s?

Schaum
    Participant

@schaum

Do anybody know where I add these in bbpress:

<?php $prev = get_permalink(get_adjacent_post(false,'',true)); if ($prev != get_permalink()) { ?><a href="<?php echo $prev; ?>">Vorheriger Artikel</a><?php } ?> 
    <?php $next = get_permalink(get_adjacent_post(false,'',false)); if ($next != get_permalink()) { ?><a href="<?php echo $next; ?>">Nächster Artikel</a><?php } ?>

Robin W

@robin-w

Without spending too much time try

wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress/content-single-topic.php

is the likely file

Probably before or after line 24 if you want it at the top

Les us know if that works, as it’ll help people later one (and I might try it at some stage!)

Schaum
    Participant

@schaum

Thank you!
    This works, but how can I save the code before an update?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok.
    In 99% of cases this file will not have changed in the update, but all bbpress update plugins will overwrite this file, so you’ll lose your change.

Therefore you can have two strategies.

1. do the update – this will overwrite the code. Then go back in to this file and just put your two lines of code back. You might need to check that the file hasn’t altered around line 24, so might need to alter where you put it.

2. Copy the file using FTP to your PC. Following an update, inspect the new content-single-topic to see if the file has been altered. Very high chance it hasn’t. If not, then just FTP back the file on your PC. If it has altered, you’ll need to copy the two ,lines fo code and put them back in the right place.

cnksaopw
    Participant

@cnksaopw

sorry,i can’t help you.

Schaum
    Participant

@schaum

I think it must be possible to set a “filter” in the functions.php, but I don´t know how…

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar