Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Preventing (views) being listed

• Looking for a simple way of turning off the way that the number of times a topic has been viewed from being appended to the topic title in the lists.

I don’t wish to stop collection of this meta data just to stop it being displayed all over the place.

The code looks like tangled spaghetti – I’m sure given a month or two I could fathom it out, but …

Am I the only one that thinks it is untidy ?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

all over the place.

bbPress doesn’t collect individual topic views nor it displays them. Did you mean “topic voices”?

The code looks like tangled spaghetti

The code is very clean.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

all over the place.

bbPress doesn’t collect individual topic views nor it displays them. Did you mean “topic voices”?

The code looks like tangled spaghetti

The code is very clean.

That’s where you are wrong!

In the case of views (the number of times a topic is viewed), and yes I DO mean views and NOT voices (the number of different contributors to a topic)

look here for an example http://www.steamsheds.co.uk/bbpress/

On the subject of spaghetti code:

Perhaps the fact that you cannot find the bit that tags the number of views on to the topic title – makes my point.

In the case of views (the number of times a topic is viewed), and yes I DO mean views and NOT voices (the number of different contributors to a topic)

look here for an example http://www.steamsheds.co.uk/bbpress/

On the subject of spaghetti code:

Perhaps the fact that you cannot find the bit that tags the number of views on to the topic title – makes my point.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

I am not Mr Kento Mr. The admin of the site you posted have installed a plugin that counts topic views. The plugin in object is bb-topic-views created by _ck_ which is freely available.

Again bbPress doesn’t collect individual topic views nor it displays them. So it’s impossible to find that function in the code.

This is the definition of spaghetti code.

Have a nice day.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

I am not Mr Kento Mr. The admin of the site you posted have installed a plugin that counts topic views. The plugin in object is bb-topic-views created by _ck_ which is freely available.

Again bbPress doesn’t collect individual topic views nor it displays them. So it’s impossible to find that function in the code.

This is the definition of spaghetti code.

Have a nice day.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar