Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Prblem upgrading

• I just tried to upgrade by forum and it is now broken. I see the forum but the style does not show. When I log in I get the message:

bbPress database error: [Table ‘webdeadm_main.bb_users’ doesn’t exist]

SELECT ID FROM bb_users WHERE user_login = ‘admin’

SELECT * FROM bb_users WHERE user_login = ‘admin’

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I just reinstalled BBPress. Now the forum appears with the correct style. But I still can not log in. I’m using WordPress 2.5. I installed the latest version of BBpress. I’m using the same password that I use with WordPress.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It says the bb_users table doesn’t exist. If you are integrated, it should be looking for the wp_users table, no?

Not sure what’s going on exactly. I would like to see how it plays out though.

I am no longer getting the error message, and the site is loading with the correct style.

I reinstalled and now the problem has become that I can not log in with my password.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Can you just request a password reset and have a new one mailed to you?

If you have direct access to the database, you can edit the hash for the password for the admin user directly.

Thanks for the reply. I do not get a link to reset the password. It says this user name doesn’t exist.

Looking at the database I see the bb_users which has one user. Not me.

It looks like I was using wp_users, before the upgrade. After the upgrade bb_press added it’s own user table. I’m guessing this is the problem.

How can I switch my installation back to the wp_users table?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

I don’t know the proper way to fix this. Is the user in the database someone you created or is that someone else? If it is one of your users, I think I would change the email on that account and then request a password reset for that account. Then you can change the password and change the email back. That would only help if the user is a keymaster/admin. If not, this will not help.

There used to be a way to create a new keymaster account by adding a line to the config.php (now bb-config.php).

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cant-login-1#post-795

I would backup your database first because I have no idea what this actually does and I don’t want you to lose anything.

The user is not the keymaster. It is just a user who made another account because their account is unavailable since it is in the wp_users table.

Is it possible to just reinstall bb_press? Could I set WordPress integration while I installed a second time? I’m assuming the WP integration is what went wrong when I upgraded.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

If bbPress and WordPress are in the same database then hopefully all you should have to do is add this line to your bb-config.php after the database definitions:

$wp_table_prefix = 'wp_';

Thanks for the reply. I added the line you suggested:

$wp_table_prefix = ‘wp_’;

I put this right after:

$bb_table_prefix = ‘bb_’;

But now I get the following error when logging in. It seems to me that there must be something in the config file or in a table that tells BBPress to use the WordPress usesrs table? I tried deleting the bb-users table whihc didn’t help.

SELECT ID FROM bb_users WHERE user_login = ‘admin’

SELECT * FROM bb_users WHERE user_login = ‘admin’

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Sorry, that should have been:

$bb->wp_table_prefix = 'wp_';

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar