Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Posts go to subforum instead of parent

• Here’s an interesting problem. I have about 20 forums total. Four forums have 2-4 subforums in them. I don’t restrict posting in the parent forums – they’re for more ‘general’ stuff.

Anyway – if I click on the parent forum and post something, the post goes into one of the subforums instead. I can move it into the right place no problem.

Not good – has anyone else seen this? I’m going to try and debug it some more today then open a ticket if necessary. Just figured I’d see if others had seen this behavior.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• _ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Yup this is a bug and there is a fix that I can’t remember for the life of me. It might be already fixed by default in the alpha.

Let me google away and see if I can find it… I know it’s very annoying.

I vaguely remember it has something to do with the forum pointer not being reset after the sub-forums are displayed.

_ck_
    Participant

@_ck_

Found my fix after some digging.

edit forum.php

see where this part is near the top

</table>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( $topics || $stickies ) : ?>

change it to this:

</table>
    <? global $forum; $forum = get_forum( $forum_id ); // fix for 0.8.2.1 sub-forum bug ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( $topics || $stickies ) : ?>

it’s related to this bug which is fixed in the trunk (supposedly)

https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/704

Sweet! Thanks for the pointer. I’m trying out the one line fix to template-functions.php If that doesn’t work I’ll change the template file.

Hmm – I assume you mean the forum.php file in the template itself. It’s not working for me at all. Still digging.

Ah – I moved it a bit lower (actually right before post_form) and the forum_id in the hidden variable is correct now, works great.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar