Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Posts are missing dates

• cathyskach
    Participant

@cathyskach

I’ve tried everything I can think of to get the date to appear on posts. Nothing seems to work.

The site I’m working on is https://rosecityyachtclub.org/ WP v. 6.0.1, BBPress v. 2.6.9. Theme is Lyrical and parent theme is Primer.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’d need a link to an example to see if this is template or css related

cathyskach
    Participant

@cathyskach

Hello and thank you for a quick response. Sorry I had overlooked the fact that our forum is behind a privacy wall. Since I can’t attach a screenshot, I created a page for it at my (basically unused) personal site. Outside of that solution, I can add you as a user if you email me.

Appreciatively, Cathy

Robin W

@robin-w

that link goes to

…./wp-admin/post.php?post=594&action=edit

so your back end edit of the page, not the page 🙂

cathyskach
    Participant

@cathyskach

Aw, shoot! I’m juggling… too many plates. Try this.

And, again, thanks so much for your quick response!

Cathy

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, given that I cannot access site (in effect you are sending me a photo of your car engine, rather than letting me see the car itself) I can only suggest it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

cathyskach
    Participant

@cathyskach

I tested this on our staging site. Switching out for the Twenty Twenty theme, the dates populated, so I presume the problem to be the theme. What advice do you have for a fix?

PS: I tried taking out the short code on the member-only (parent) page to allow you access to the forum but it seems to still want a password.

Cathy

Robin W

@robin-w

I’d suspect css related, but as said before, I’d need a link to a live example.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar