Categories
Search
Bottom

Posts and topics don't show up

• dtommy79
    Participant

@dtommy79

Hi,

I’m using the latest wordPress and bbPress and for some reason new topcis and posts don’t show up if I’m logged out. When I log in the posts are there. I tired disable caching plugin, checked forum permissions, but nothing happened.

Any idea?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Sounds like you have your forums on private or hidden.
    You can check by editing your forums on the WP side

dtommy79
    Participant

@dtommy79

Yeah, I checked that too. All the forums are on open and public. The post still don’t show up.

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Did you try the repair tool?
    under tools > forum in the WP menu

ltanya
    Participant

@ltanya

I am having the same problem. I have tried the repair tool and my posts and topics still do not show up. Has anyone tried un-installing the update and going with a previous installation of bbpress?

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

Un-installing will NOT delete any posts and such from the database, therefore it is safe to try

ltanya
    Participant

@ltanya

How do you uninstall the update? Do I just uninstall the plugin totally and then re-install it?
    could you post the steps for me please.

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

deactivate it and then delete it under installed plugins in WP
    Then install the old version you have by uploading it with install new plugin in WP.
    If you don’t have an old version on your computer you can download the version you want here

ronthai
    Participant

@ronthai

ltanya
    Participant

@ltanya

What about the database with all the information in it like the posts and all? Will that be affected as well?

ltanya
    Participant

@ltanya

I don’t need a reply to my last post. I tried your fix ronthal, and it worked. thanks for the help.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar