Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Posting to bbpress.org/forums is slow again (host issue?)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

There was a point in the past where the posts were taking so long to appear after hitting “Send Post” that they would time out but actually made it through, and then you would double post. That was resolved by moving bbpress.org to some new hardware, I think, or maybe the servers were just getting hammered.

408 Error on this forum when removing a favorite

Anyway, a new post (reply or new topic) used to take 1 or 2 seconds here and the feedback under the post would say “Posted 2 seconds ago #”. Now, a few have been really slow, and the last one I did says “Posted 17 seconds ago #”.

Maybe the server is overloaded or something else is wrong. Doesn’t really matter much to me but I think it is a symptom of a problem that should not be ignored or at least explained.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The previous post took 9 seconds to appear. ( I got throttled so I had to wait to post this. )

Should be better now……I think they were messing with the server yesterday.

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Test – lets see…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Yep: 1 second. Much better.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

EXCEPT for that post where I said “yep” – THAT one took 44 seconds. Oh well, someone knows about it…

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

And now the previous one took only 0 seconds. Weird.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It’s actually worse today. I got a 408 TIMEOUT error when posting a reply to another thread (and maybe in on this one too… we’ll see.) The reply was there, but I saw an error screen rather than my reply. I knew not to double post though. So, it’s worse, not better, today.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The previous reply took 30 seconds. I did not get a 408 timeout.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

And, the previous one, 20 seconds :)

I reported it Chris. Just one of those things. I think bbPress is on the same server as WordPress MU, but I can’t confirm that. It just seems they are both slow at the same time…..

Trent

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Resurrecting this thread. This forum has been slow all day. Slow to load pages; slow to add tags; slow to reply. Most replies I submit have something on the order of 23 seconds as the “Posted” time where it’s normally between 1 and 3 seconds.

FYI

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

The previous reply says “posted 15 seconds ago” immediately after I posted it.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar