Categories
Search
Bottom

Posted replies redirect to dashboard

• jazminredux
    Participant

@jazminredux

Hi all,

I’ve been searching high and low for a solution for this: Whether an admin or subscriber posts a reply to a topic, they are automatically redirected back into the dashboard.

When posting a reply, I’d like the user to stay in that topic (so they can see their reply) or at least redirect back to the forum page after they leave a reply.

Here’s my info:

WordPress version: 4.7.3

bbPress version: Version 2.5.12

Link: https://staging8.airwolf3d.com/3d-printing-forum/

Add’l Info: Theme is Twenty Sixteen and all plugins except bbPress deactivated. No changes to WP core.

Any reply is much appreciated. If you can even just point me to the correct resource, I would be grateful. I’ve researched this thoroughly and in good faith, but just can’t figure it out.

Thanks,

Jazmin

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, when you hover oiver the submit button, what is the url displayed?

jazminredux
    Participant

@jazminredux

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I can’t see any obvious issue, so not sure what to suggest

jazminredux
    Participant

@jazminredux

I tried this again on a different staging site with a fresh bbpress install and it’s the same result…when anyone replies to a topic it automatically redirects back to /wp-admin.

I’m trying this Peter’s Login Redirect plugin…but logging in and out is not the issue.

Could this be an issue with my SSL? With my host? Research on those issues is not turning up anything for me. Is there anything else that I can try?

Robin W

@robin-w

Could this be an issue with my SSL

This is more likely – maybe something in the rewrite rules that is redirecting.

I presume your have https in the site name?

jazminredux
    Participant

@jazminredux

Yes, I have https in the site name. I created a new staging site with fresh WP and bbPress installs and installed the SSL on it…bbPress is still working perfectly. I also had a developer who imported users from our old Magento install into WooCommerce. I’m waiting on him to see if he has any insight into whether his work might be causing this issue.

jasonbutler1818
    Participant

@jasonbutler1818

Hi there, I have the same issue. Did you find a fix by chance?

Thanks for any insight!

Mauro
    Participant

@maurodalu

Same problem here too, any update on finding out what is causing the issue?

jazminredux
    Participant

@jazminredux

Hi guys, I never found a fix for this…have either of you?

lauramay7
    Participant

@lauramay7

Same problem here – any fixes? Thank you!

lauramay7
    Participant

@lauramay7

Hi all: after further testing, this only happened because it was a staging site, i.e. WP was installed in an unusual subfolder. Now that is no longer staging, works correctly.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar