Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

post width + category count

• VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

any insight into these problems would be helpful… i’ve been looking for days and still can’t find the answer.

1. the post width on the topic page doesn’t wrap properly unless i do an overflow: auto in the css… but that leaves me with the scrollbar. i’ve tried changing the widths in the css file, but that doesn’t fix the problem… any ideas?

2. for some reason i’m getting a post count for the categories on the front page… is there any way to get it to stop doing that?

thanks a ton!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Can you post a link to your forum so we can take a look at what’s happening?

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

Anyone??? Pretty pretty pleeeaaaaassseeeee???????

Not so worried about the post count on the categories, I just wimped out and made them writable so people can post in them. The width of the posts though is still a huge problem and I have no idea how to fix it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

Try modifying your CSS like this:

1) remove overflow: auto from .threadpost

2) set #content .post width to 510px or less.

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

tried it.. didn’t work though, any other ideas??? :(

mr_pelle
    Participant

@mr_pelle

#content .post width is still 640px: set it to 510px or less and it should do the trick! ;)

VirtualityStudio

@virtualityreiki

ah! thank you! I was able to figure out where that little stinker was hiding.. I had changed it in the bbpress css file, but for some reason it was reading off the wordpress one for that little piece.

Messed up my blog a bit, would be nice if those two were separate… but at least the forum isn’t hanging off the end anymore.

thanks!!!!!!!!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar