Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Popup images smaller than before

• cassel
    Participant

@cassel

In my forum, participants are often posting pictures. I have been using “bbPress Multi Image Uploader” to allow them to upload images in a simple manner.

Members are required to resize their images to 600×600 pixels and when it is uploaded with the plugin, the image is smaller in the post, but by clicking on it, it displays “full size”. However, in the last weeks or so, I notice that the popped up images are not as big as they used to be. However, if you right-click and open in a new tab, it does show the expected size.

I know that “bbPress Multi Image Uploader” has not been updated in a while, but otherwise, it still works fine. Any idea what might have changed for the display to be different now?

I have bbpress 2.6.9.

Here is an example where you can click on any image in the thread and compare with “open in a new tab”: https://scrapbookcampus.com/Community/topic/january-theme-challenge-celebrations/

Thank you

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I posted this question in a WP group to see if there was any suggestion into what to look for. The response I got was that it would be something related to Thickbox.

It does not mean anything to me.

Does it make sense?

Robin W

@robin-w

I more suspect that it is related to upgraded versions of wordpress or php and that bbPress Multi Image Uploader has not been updated for several years.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I have tried deactivating the Image uploader and it didn’t help so my guess is that it is something else, but what? and mostly, what to do about it?

Robin W

@robin-w

any idea what plugin you are using to do the image pop-up? is this part of the bbPress Multi Image Uploader?

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Hum… maybe so. If I deactivate the plugin, all the images uploaded with it, in the forum threads are gone. So deactivating it is not a solution as it will remove all images.

So, maybe a WP update didn’t play well with it.

Now, I am worried that if I use a different plugin, I will be losing every image in the process 🙁

Robin W

@robin-w

yes I suspect it is wordpress update.

as a punt, try this – I have low hopes of it working 🙂

function fnctn_add_thickbox () {
        add_thickbox();
    }
    add_action ( 'wp_enqueue_scripts','fnctn_add_thickbox' );

Put this in your child theme’s function file –

ie wp-content/themes/%your-theme-name%/functions.php

where %your-theme-name% is the name of your theme

or use

Code Snippets

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

Unfortunately, it didn’t work. 🙁

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, just been playing.

I susoect this is caused by your plugin pdf-generatorfor-wp-public

which has a css rule on line 165

#TB_window {
        z-index: 1000000 !important;
        width: 90% !important;
        max-width: 400px;
        transform: translate(-50%, -50%);
        margin: 0 !important;
        box-shadow: 0 0 0 5000px rgb(0 0 0 / 74%) !important;
    }

The width 90% and max width are poossibly the problem

Try deactivating that plugin and see if this fixes. If so, then we can look at some css to fix.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

You are correct!!!!!

If I need a different plugin to turn my blog posts into downloadable pdf, I am all ears. I had to switch recently as the previous one was no longer working.

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

I posted this “conflict” on the PDF plugin page. Maybe they have a solution?

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, try this is in the custom css part of your theme

#TB_window {
        width: 100% !important;
        max-width: 700px !important;
       }

may or may not improve/fix – it all depends on the load order of your site’s css !

Robin W

@robin-w

Just as a bit of knowledge does the pdf-generator-for-wp-public plugin let you download a topic and it’s replies?

or just blog posts?

cassel
    Participant

@cassel

That css code works!

And to answer your question, I use that pdf generator plugin for blog posts. I don’t know if it has anything to do with forum posts. Which is why I never made the connection.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok thanks, has someone else asking how to print a forum thread, and was hoping that might be the answer !

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar