Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

plugins in my-plugins not installing

• Steven Hodson
    Participant

@stevenhodson

While I am going through this process of converting SMF to bbPress I am trying to install some plugins but have run up against a problem. For single file plugins there is no problem they can be activated. The problem comes when trying to activate a plugin in its own folder ie:

/my-plugins/

—-/some-plugin/

The same applies as well to the base bb-plugin folder.

Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

I should note that this is an install running on a Win Server with all the PHP/MySQL goodies installed.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What are the permissions of the folders in your /my-plugins/ folder?

Steven Hodson
    Participant

@stevenhodson

being a Win Server the permissions are 755 IIRC. As I said if it is a single file plugin and dropped in the my-plugins folder there is no problem activating them the problem only occurs when it is a plugin in a self-contained folder dropped into the my-plugins folder (see screencap http://screencast.com/t/OTNiZGNlND )

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

What version of bbPress are you using? 1.0 and up have a fix for this.

Steven Hodson
    Participant

@stevenhodson

First off I figured out what the problem is. It seems that when you have a self-contained plugin folder installed into the bb-plugins and my-plugins folder the link to that plugin in the Admin area to active (and I imagine de-activate) has a double backslash between the plugin folder name and the actual file

Example:

…. plugins.php?plugin_request=all&action=activate&plugin=user%23smiley-choice\bb-schoice.php&_wp ….

as you can see there is a double backslash between the ‘smiley-choice’ folder name and the actual file ‘bb-schoice.php.

Now @Nightgunner5 I had a look at the patch file code .. my question is what file is this added to?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar